Welcome to Society InSight. From this site you can participate in and receive certified credit for a full catalog of hot topic CPE programs. For help with a specific task, choose from the options below:
- To create a user account, which you will need to make purchases and participate in programs, click the "New Student" button at the top right of the page.
- Fill out the necessary information on the form provided. You will need to enter a valid email address for your account to be correctly set up, and to receive purchase confirmations.
- When you have completed the form, click the "Submit" button.
If you have not yet created a user account, click here
- To log in to Society InSight, enter your username and password in the fields at the top right of the page. If you do not see these fields, you are already logged in - click the Log Out button at the top to log out and re-enter as a different user.
- Click the "Login" button when you have entered the correct information.
To purchase a program, you must first be logged in (if you need help with this, click here
- Once logged in, click the "Catalog" button on the top menu. Here you will find all of the available programs in the catalog. You can sort these programs by program type ("Show All") or by field of study. To get information on each program prior to purchasing, click on the program name.
- Once you have found the program you would like to enroll in, click the "Enroll" button to the right of the entry, or simply click on the program name. If you are already enrolled in the program, the button will instead say "Enrolled."
- At the top of the screen, you will be given purchase options based on the program type.
- Courses: To purchase in a course, click the "Add to Shopping Cart" button at the top.
- Webcasts: To purchase a webcast, you may either select "Add to Shopping Cart," or "Add to Cart w/ Teleconference" (if you would also like to purchase the webcast's corresponding teleconference. For information on group discount purchases, click here.
- You will be taken to your shopping cart. If you are finished shopping, click the "Check Out" button, and fill out the necessary purchase information. If you would like to continue shopping, click the "Continue Shopping" button.
- Once you have filled out all the necessary purchase information, and submitted your order, you will receive an email confirmation shortly to the email address you have provided in your new user setup. Further instructions will be provided in this email.
To purchase a group discount webcast, you must first be logged in (if you need help with this, click here
- Once logged in, follow the instructions for Purchasing a Program, until you reach the "Purchase This Webcast" screen.
- Under "Quantity," select the desired quantity. If you would like to compare prices and discounts for various group sizes, click the "Group Discount Info" link.
- Continue with your order as described in the Purchasing a Program section. Your confirmation email will include a number of Purchase Codes corresponding to the number of seats you have purchased.
- Each additional user must log in (each user must have their own user account,) and proceed to the "Purchase This Webcast" page individually. Once at this page, the user must enter their Purchase Code into the field at the top, and hit "Submit."
- If the users in the group will be participating in the program on separate computers, they should choose "Individual" enrollment type when prompted. If the purchasing user will be acting as a proctor in a group viewing environment, the users should choose "Group" enrollment type when prompted.
Subscribing to Society InSight will give you unlimited access to all on demand courses and webcasts for a single flat fee. Subscriptions are valid for 1-2 years, and require no additional fees beyond the time of purchase.
To subscribe to Society InSight, you must first be logged in (if you need help with this, click here
- Once logged in, click the "Subscribe" button on the left sidebar.
- Select the length of time you would like to subscribe for, and click "Submit."
- You will be prompted for your purchasing information. Complete the necessary forms and click "Submit."
- Upon completing your order, you will receive a confirmation email. The email will contain a Subscription Code. Once you have retreived this code, any Society InSight user can log in and subscribe, by doing the following:
- Click the "Subscribe" button again.
- Enter the Subscription Code into the field at the bottom, and click "Subscribe."
- Once you have successfully subscribed, you can proceed to the "Catalog" page and enroll in any course or webcast you desire by clicking the "Enroll" button to the right of each program. You will not be asked for any additional purchasing information as long as you are logged in and your subscription has not expired.
It is important that you test your system prior to taking your first course or webcast, to ensure compatibility. It is advised that you test your system the day before
a live webcast, so that you have plenty of time to resolve any technical issues well in advance.
- To test your system, click the "System Test" link on the left sidebar. You do not need to be logged in to do this.
- The system test will automatically run, testing all required aspects of your computer and internet connection. Checks indicate portions of your system that are fully compatible, while X's indicate a potential issue.
- Upon completion of the system test, additional information will be provided for each X you receive, to better assist you in the resolution of the issue. If you need additional support in resolving any technical issues, contact support at email@example.com.
To launch a program, you must first be logged in (if you need help with this, here
,) and must have purchased the given program (if you need help with this, click here
- Once you have logged in, if you are not already at the "My Learning" page, click the "My Learning" button on the top menu. Find your program in the list, and hit the "Launch" button to the right.
- On Demand Courses:
- Once you have clicked the "Launch" button, your course should automatically open in a new window. If it does not, you most likely have a popup blocker installed that will need to be disabled. Click here for a set of comprehensive tutorials for disabling popup blockers.
- Once the course has completed loading, you can get started right away.
- When you are finished, use the red "Exit" button on the right to close your course. All of your progress will be saved for future visits.
- Once you have clicked the "Launch" button, you will be taken to the Webcast Launch page. Here you will find a brief overview of the event, as well as links to any available handouts, a link to test your system, and a button to launch the event. You will only see the button to launch the event on the day of the event, and only if you have enrolled as an Individual (see the section on enrolling here if you need assistance with this.)
- If so, when you are ready to enter the program, click the "Launch My Web Event" button at the center of the page. The webcast should automatically open in a new window. If it does not, you most likely have a popup blocker installed that will need to be disabled. Click here for a set of comprehensive tutorials for disabling popup blockers.
Upon completing a program, you will be able to print your certificate directly from your account. To print your certificate, you must first be logged in (if you need help with this, here
- Once logged in, if you are not already at the "My Learning" page, click the "My Learning" button on the top menu.
- Find the completed program in the list, and hit the "Print" button to the right. If you do not see the "Print" button, you have either not completed the program with a satisfactory participation percentage, or there is no certificate available for this particular program.
- Clicking the "Print" button will take you to a program evaluation, the first time you have clicked the link.
- Fill out the evaluation and hit the "Submit" button at the bottom. You will be taken to your certificate, which you can print directly from the browser (File/Print in most browsers.) If you ever need to view this certificate again, you will be able to by again hitting the "Print" button from the My Learning page.
To update your profile, you must first be logged in (if you need help with this, here
- Once logged in, click the "Update Profile" link on the top banner.
- From this page you can make any adjustments to your profile, such as entering a new email address, changing your password, or adding any necessary additional information.
- When you are satisfied with your changes, click the "Update Profile" button below.